Last year, when I turned 29, I had a feeling of panic come over me when I realized that I only had one more year left in my twenties.
Now I’m only days away from hitting the big 30, and looking back on the last 12 months of my twenties all I can think is that one year can bring SO many changes!!
This time last year I had just got home from travelling London and Paris with my best friend, which was one of the best times of my life, and something I will always treasure!
12 months ago I also came to the realization that life was too hectic and I wasn’t soulfully satisfied. I began to change the way I looked at life, and took the path of slow, and intentional living. I feel that the last 12 months have been preparing me for this next decade of life, My thirties!
I have no qualms about leaving my 20’s behind. I enjoyed them – I did some things right, I screwed up plenty of others, and I had a lot of fun in the process, but I won’t miss them. My 20’s, much like everyone else’s, were about growth and self-discovery. Some discoveries made me proud, others, not so much. But it is with this knowledge that I know I can go confidently into my 30’s knowing my true self, and knowing I can pretty much handle any obstical that comes my way!
Thinking about everything I achieved, and didn’t achieve in my 20’s is actually really confronting. By all means my 20’s were not perfect, infact for a while there it was quite messy! I didn’t really know who I was, life was fast trying to keep up with the next thing and trend, & no real sense of direction. I knew what I wanted but I couldn’t quite grab it. There was relationship issues, poor money management, and wrong choices. But with all the mistakes, I have learnt so much, and that is part of life and it has shaped me into the person I am right now.
- Aaron and I moved in together.
- We got Jasper and Mya (Our two Siberian Huskies)
- I met my now best friend Stephanie and watched her become a mother and wife.
- I changed careers. (Hairdresser to retail assistant, to account manager)
- Aaron and I went through 3 new cars between us.
- I had my first car accident.
- I became an aunty to two neices and a nephew.
- I won two National Pageants!
- I travelled Europe and the USA, twice!
- I got Married and fell pregnant at 29!
- Hello to a new decade of life, I look to the future with anticipation.
- God willing, Aaron and I will buy our first home.
- We will welcome a baby into the world that we made, and we will be given the responsibility and the privilege of raising her.
- That’s all that I know about what’s coming, but I know that there is promise of great challenge and incredible joy in that alone.
I can look to my 30’s and be a boss at budgeting and managing finances, know how to nurture my body, mind and soul, know how to love myself and stand up for myself. Know when to be silent, only buy things with intention, invest in people who only invest in me, understand what love really is, and know that very little is needed to enjoy a happy life. And that sounds pretty darn good to me!
Bring on 30! I’m ready!