Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite sweet treats! If you don’t already know, I love lemon! So anything lemon related I get excited about!
This loaf is super easy and tastes oh so good too! Perfect for afternoon tea, picnics or after school snack!
You will need:
- 125gm butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flower
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 100gm blueberries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 170 degrees and grease and line a loaf tin. Using an electric beater, beat 125g butter and 3/4 cup of caster sugar until light and creamy.
- Step 2 – Beat in eggs and lemon rind. Fold in 1 and a 1/2 cups of self raising flower, 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup lemon juice until well combined. Spoon half the mixture into the pan. Scatter the blueberries and then cover with the remaining cake batter.
- Step 3 – Bake for approx 45 minutes. Once cooled, dust with icing sugar and serve.