My Lara is 6 months old and is eating anything and everything! She is such a good eater, but I’m constantly researching new recipes to try as I sometimes feel I can’t keep up with her.
Lara started eating purée foods at 4 months old and at 6 months old she is eating almost everything. I try to let her feed herself as much as possible even though the mess drives me insane. Baby led weaning has been really interesting for Lara and let’s her experiment with different textures and flavors.
These muffins are great for baby led weaning or even snacks for toddlers. There’s no sugar either! Even I have been sneaking some with my afternoon coffee! Lara loves these muffins and eats them so well! I cook up a batch of these on a weekly basis, they are super easy, minimal ingredients and healthy!
So if you’re like me and always on the look out for new things to try, then I hope this recipe appeals to you.
- 2 medium bananas mashed with a fork.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- 100g of melted butter.
- 1 and 1/3 cup of plain flour.
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a mixing bowl, mash up bananas with a fork.
- Add eggs, vanilla and butter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the wet ingredients together. The batter should become smooth, yellow and a little frothy.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat for a further minute or so to make a well-mixed batter.
- Portion into an oiled muffin tin. The mix makes 12 standard size muffins or 30 mini muffins.
- Top the muffins with a couple blueberries (or if you prefer, mix the blueberries into the batter)
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. (Cooking times will vary on different ovens so keep checking them)
- Cool and serve! Yum!