Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite sweet treats! If you don’t already know, I love lemon! So anything lemon related I get excited about!
This loaf is super easy and tastes oh so good too! Perfect for afternoon tea, picnics or after school snack!
You will need:
- 125gm butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flower
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 100gm blueberries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 170 degrees and grease and line a loaf tin. Using an electric beater, beat 125g butter and 3/4 cup of caster sugar until light and creamy.
- Step 2 – Beat in eggs and lemon rind. Fold in 1 and a 1/2 cups of self raising flower, 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup lemon juice until well combined. Spoon half the mixture into the pan. Scatter the blueberries and then cover with the remaining cake batter.
- Step 3 – Bake for approx 45 minutes. Once cooled, dust with icing sugar and serve.
I love all things sweet, but I rarely have the patience to bake things that have too many ingredients or have too many elements to the recipe.
I’m all about convenience and this no bake hedgehog slice is perfect if you need to whip up a quick and easy desert to bring to your next family dinner or afternoon tea with the girls.
You will need:
- 2 packets Marie biscuits.
- 250g butter, melted.
- 3 table spoons of cocoa powder.
- 5 table spoons of shredded coconut.
- 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- 250g milk cooking chocolate.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil.
Step 1: Crush the biscuits and place into a mixing bowl. Make sure there is a combination of fine and chunky crumbs. Add the cocoa powder and the coconut and mix well. Tip: I put the biscuits into a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them up.
Step 2: Gently melt the butter and condensed milk on a low heat. Once melted together, pour into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well. Once all ingredients are combined, press mixture into a slice tray and refrigerate for 1 hour. Tip: I line the slice tray with baking paper, this makes it so much easier to get the slice out after.
Step 3: Gently melt the chocolate and mix in the oil. Pour over the chilled biscuit base and refrigerate until firm. Slice up and enjoy! Tip: I sprinkle shredded coconut over the top of the chocolate to add a little something extra.
Well this is different! A recipe on the blog you might be thinking?! Well I was invited to a girlfriends place over the weekend for a catch up so I decided to make some of these divine little treats to share with the girls, and everyone loved them! After posting them on my snap chat I had a few people ask me for the recipe, so I thought why not pop it up on my blog for anyone wanting to whip up these tasty sweets!
These are super easy to make, no baking required and did I mention they are super delicious?!
You will need:
- 1/2 a cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- 125g butter.
- 250g milk arrowroot biscuits.
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut.
- 1 3/4 cups of icing sugar.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 15g butter.
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut.
1. Place condensed milk and butter in a saucepan. Stir over gentle heat until the butter has melted. Be sure not to boil or burn!
2. Crush biscuits very finely. (I put a handful of biscuits at a time in a zip lock bag and used a rolling pin to crush them) Add lemon rind and coconut in a mixing bowl and pour in the crushed biscuits.
3. Add warm milk and butter mixture to the biscuit mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Press mixture into a lamington or slice tin. I found lining the tin with baking paper made it easy to remove the slice later on. Refrigerate for 1hr.
5. Icing: Combine the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in a bowl. Mix well until smooth. Spread over the chilled biscuit base and sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until icing is set and then it’s ready to slice and serve.
There you have it! An easy, quick and yummy desert that anyone can whip up! If you wanted to make it a little healthier or vegan you could just swap a few of the ingredients around.
To dress it up you could sprinkle dried rose petals or lavender over the top or some candied lemon rind.