Well this is different! A recipe on the blog you might be thinking?! Well I was invited to a girlfriends place over the weekend for a catch up so I decided to make some of these divine little treats to share with the girls, and everyone loved them! After posting them on my snap chat I had a few people ask me for the recipe, so I thought why not pop it up on my blog for anyone wanting to whip up these tasty sweets!
These are super easy to make, no baking required and did I mention they are super delicious?!
You will need:
- 1/2 a cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- 125g butter.
- 250g milk arrowroot biscuits.
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut.
- 1 3/4 cups of icing sugar.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 15g butter.
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut.
1. Place condensed milk and butter in a saucepan. Stir over gentle heat until the butter has melted. Be sure not to boil or burn!
2. Crush biscuits very finely. (I put a handful of biscuits at a time in a zip lock bag and used a rolling pin to crush them) Add lemon rind and coconut in a mixing bowl and pour in the crushed biscuits.
3. Add warm milk and butter mixture to the biscuit mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Press mixture into a lamington or slice tin. I found lining the tin with baking paper made it easy to remove the slice later on. Refrigerate for 1hr.
5. Icing: Combine the icing sugar, lemon juice and butter in a bowl. Mix well until smooth. Spread over the chilled biscuit base and sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until icing is set and then it’s ready to slice and serve.
There you have it! An easy, quick and yummy desert that anyone can whip up! If you wanted to make it a little healthier or vegan you could just swap a few of the ingredients around.
To dress it up you could sprinkle dried rose petals or lavender over the top or some candied lemon rind.